The Confucius Institute at the University of Tirana was established on November 18, 2013. This Institute was created based on the agreement that the University of Tirana signed with the Center of the Confucius Institute, China (CLEC) and with the Beijing Foreign Languages University (BFSU). . The purpose of the Confucius Institute-UT is to promote the Chinese language and culture. This Institute offers the opportunity for the students of the University of Tirana to learn the Chinese language with him.
The Confucius Institute at the University of Tirana offers:
All levels of Chinese language learning. Students of the University of Tirana have two options to learn the Chinese language, either by choosing this subject in the curricula offered by the faculty or by registering at the Confucius Institute-UT. Scholarships in China’s best universities. Various cultural events such as: Chinese Culture Competition; Chinese Lantern Festival, etc. Expand your skills and knowledge about China, language and culture with the Confucius Institute at the University of Tirana.
Management Structure of the Confucius Institute at the University of Tirana
In 2015, the Confucius Institute was registered as a Main Unit at the University of Tirana. In its management structure, this Institute has:
– the Board of Directors;
Currently, the Governing Board of the Confucius Institute at UT consists of:
– Prof.Dr. Artan Hoxha, Rector of the University of Tirana;
– Mr. Jia Wenjian Vice President of Beijing Foreign Languages University (BFSU);
– Ms. Ke Jing, Director of External Relations, Beijing Foreign Language University (BFSU);
– Ms. Pranvera Lazo, Teacher at the Faculty of Natural Sciences – UT;
– Ms. Jin Limin, Director of the Office for Confucius Institutes partnering with Beijing Foreign Languages University BFSU;
– Ms. Mirlinda Boshnjaku, Administrator of the World Academy of Tirana (IB World School).
– The co-directors.
– Mr. Erion Malaj, Director of the Albanian side;
– Mr. Huang Qiang, Director of the Chinese side;
The Confucius Institute at the University of Tirana has 8 employees, of which: 6 are academic staff (5 Chinese Lecturers, 1 Albanian Lecturer) and 2 administrative employees. Address: Rr. Elbasanit, Liria Building, Student City, Tirana.